Welcome! I am a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT #49939) with a Master’s Degree in Psychology. I’ve had over 8 years of therapeutic experience working with a wide variety of children in a wide variety of environments, including hospitals, group homes, and school settings within the Bay Area. I have a special focused experience in childhood trauma, which covers everything from long term illness and bereavement, to bullying and school issues, and beyond.
Alongside Bay Area psychologists and psychotherapists, I joined in the movement toward including Alameda County services for a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) diagnosis for children under the age of 18. Today, psychotherapists are taking trauma treatment to a very effective level with children. I believe that with focused therapy and intervention, children can overcome and master all areas in their lives within a relatively short amount of time.
After many successes within amazing child-focused organizations in the Bay Area, I feel fortunate to bring these teachings to my private practice.
Some of my specialties include:
- emotional challenges in transitions (following separation, divorce, or relocation)
- bereavement issues
- emotional management of a serious, acute, or chronic illness
- social issues at school (bullying, isolation, difficulty making or keeping friends)
- therapy following sexual, physical, or emotional abuse or other traumatic events
- social withdrawal or isolation
- episodes of sadness, tearfulness, or depression
- behavioral problems (such as excessive anger, acting out)
- a significant drop in grades or school performance
- decreased interest in previously enjoyed activities
- insomnia or increased sleepiness
- excessive school absenteeism or tardiness
- mood swings (e.g., happy one minute, upset the next)
- development of or an increase in psycho-somatic complaints (such as headache, stomachache, or not feeling well) despite a normal physical exam by a doctor